Overview of Funds
Donors to the Lincoln Community Foundation may direct their gifts to several existing funds, or they can create their own named funds. Contact us for information about funds at the Lincoln Community Foundation, or to create a new fund.
The Foundation serves as a steward for over 400 funds. Several of these funds can receive additional contributions from the public, either to support particular causes, the community at-large or the operations of the Foundation itself.
Lincoln Forever Funds
These are the Foundation’s unrestricted endowment funds. They help meet the needs and future opportunities of the non-profit organizations throughout our community. Memorial and Honorarium gifts to the Lincoln Community Foundation also support these funds. View a list of Lincoln Forever Funds.
Lincoln Community Foundation Endowments
You may contribute to funds that help sustain the work of the Lincoln Community Foundation:
- Lincoln Community Foundation Fund
- Lincoln Community Foundation Building Fund
- Foundation Garden Fund
Donor Named Funds
You may establish a fund in your own name or in honor of a loved one to support the charities and causes you care about. Your instructions and intent will be documented in a Fund Agreement prepared by the Foundation. Your fund can be designed for you to play a continuing role in the process of making grants from it, or be established with directions for how the Foundation should make grants from the fund.
Donor Advised Funds – You or your family members remain actively involved by making grant recommendations for your selected causes or charities. Advised funds are an attractive alternative to a family foundation and can be used to simplify giving and recordkeeping, and to plan the timing of tax deductions. View a comparison of a Donor Advised Fund and a Private Foundation. For more information about opening a donor advised fund, click here.
Donor Specified Funds – These funds are managed by the Lincoln Community Foundation once you establish the direction and intent of your charitable gifts in your Fund Agreement:
- Unrestricted – These endowments support the ever-changing and pressing needs of the Lincoln and Lancaster County community.
- Field of Interest – Donors specify an area for their gift to benefit such as arts and culture, children and youth, basic needs, family issues, environmental enhancement, education, older adults, and veterans support.
- Designated – Donors create an endowed fund to benefit one or more specific nonprofit organizations.
- Scholarship – Donors create a scholarship fund to benefit students graduating from a Lincoln or Lancaster County high school.